Having dry skin is itchy and very uncomfortable, it might be caused by environment, aging or underlying skin conditions. There are lots of different ways to treat dry skin, but which one is the best. Dry skin is also famous for being called xerosis, it is a kind of skin that can’t find any moisturizer in its outer layer. If ignored it develops cracks that can get infected. Such a dry skin needs to be moisturized, but these creams and lotions sometimes prove to be ineffective and expensive. We will discuss some home remedies that can moisturize our dry skin.
Dry Skin In Winters? Simple Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dry Skin
There is a number of home remedies that a person can use to drive away dry skin. Most of them can be used as a moisturizer. The best way to use a moisturizer is by using it on damp skin, straight after a bath. so that it gets absorbed properly.
- A natural oil that works very well to treat dry skin is coconut oil. Coconut is a very safe and effective method in treating the dry skin. It enhances the skin by hydrating it and increases the number of lipids (fats) on the skin’s surface. It has saturated fatty acids, which have emollient properties. An emollient is fat that fills the cracks making it retain the smoothness.
Sunflower seed oil:
- Sunflower seed oil improves thehydration when used as a moisturizer, especially on the arms section. Olive oil usually damages the skin’s barrier, meaning that all natural oils can’t prove to be truly moisturizers.
- Honey can provide benefits to a number of skin diseases. research shows that some studies have shown honey to provide benefits for many types of skin diseases.
Many studies have found honey to be
These are the qualities that prove’s honey to be ideal at home cure to relieve the dry skin. It is just natural and can be applied directly to the skin texture.
- Drinking milk also moisturizes your dry skin, it doesn’t need to be applied on the skin to get it moisturized. Fat is present in the milk called phospholipid, it enhances the skin barrier of mice when added to its regular diet. more research is required on humans to see its effect on the human race.
- Oatmeal is another natural home remedy that can heal dry skin. Adding its powder form while having a bath can help in relieving dry skin. A study was conducted and it was found that it had an anti-oxidant and an anti-inflammatory properties, meaning it can heal the dry skin.
Aloe Vera Gel:
- Aloe Vera gel will bring relief from dry skin. A person needs to apply Aloe Vera gel on the skin and cover the affected area with a glove or socks. Most of the people do this before hitting the sack and let it work all night to get the moisturizer back during the night. If the skin is dry on some other part of the body apply Aloe Vera gel liberally and allows it to be absorbed by the skin. It will also bring in relief from dry skin.
- Petroleum jelly is also known as mineral oil that has been used as a moisturizer since ages. Skin barrier of old people enhanced when they use this petroleum jelly. This is a well-known fact by now that petroleum jelly makes the skin supple, especially if it is caused by age factor.
- The structure of jojoba oil resembles that of sebum, your body’s natural oil. Making it an excellent moisturizer for any kind of skin. It softens the dryness and drives away flakiness. It also boosts the growth of new skin cells. It has anti-inflammatory properties that make your skin smooth.
- Argan oil is another remedy that can be used in case you don’t find jojoba oil, it will also remove dryness from the skin.
How to use
- All you need is 1/2 teaspoon of jojoba oil, 2 cups of warm water and a washcloth. Soak the washcloth in warm water and put it on your face.
- Keep lying it for 5 to 7 minutes and then remove it. Now massage the jojoba oil on the face in a circular motion of your fingers.
- Keep rubbing in an upward motion for a few minutes. Let the oil be absorbed by your skin and then wipe your face with the washcloth. Do it once or twice a week.
- Almond oil to treat dry skin has been used since ages. It is a moisturizer that makes your skin smooth and supple. It enhances your skin complexion and skin tone. Geranium oil is another one that is used in dry skin, it has an anti-inflammatory property. It is also used to cure the eczema, which makes the skin go dry.
How to use
- All you need is 4 teaspoons of sweet almond oil, 2 or 3 drops of geranium oil. Pour the almond oil in a sterilized glass bottle. Put geranium oil in it and shake the bottle well to get a clean mixture. In place of your moisturizer, use this mixture. Use it regularly every night.
- Glycerin works wonderfully well not just on the dry skin but also chapped lips. It is a wonderful humectants and emollient that chains in the skin’s moisture.
How to use
- All one needs is 1 teaspoon of glycerin and 1 teaspoon of rose water. Mix both of them in each other and apply it directly on your dry skin. Let it remain there for a few hours. If you find it too tacky, rinse it off after an hour. Use this remedy every day to heal the dry skin.
- Watermelon juice contains lots of water and skin-friendly vitamins. This juice will leave your skin hydrated and moisturized. The anti-oxidants present in this juice will repair the damaged skin and also protects it against UV rays.
How to use
- All you need is 1 or 2 teaspoon of watermelon juice and a teaspoon of honey. Mix both of them and apply it directly on the affected part. Let it stay there for 10 minutes. Later rinse off with plain water. Do this at least twice a week
All these can be done to find relief from dry skin