Making love is known as one of the most pleasurable experiences in our lives. This action generates a divine feeling. But some women are deprived of such enjoyment. This is due to the rising of pain that these women get either during the session of intercourses or after that. These pains are often recurrent and get back with sexual arousal. Such a thing might cause the termination of the sexual part in life. The disease is called Female Sexual Dysfunction.
What is Female Sexual Dysfunction
The difficulties faced by women at stages of sexual intercourse are called female sexual dysfunction. This prevents the woman and her partner from having successful intercourse and prohibits from enjoying the sexual activity too.
But the Gynaecologist in Mumbai assure that the disease can be treated and can be stopped altogether. In their courses of treatment, they might feel the need to find out the time at which the symptoms of such dysfunction have arisen. Many of the females start experiencing this sort of dysfunction at the earliest period of sexual life; others may start to have experienced after experiencing a successful period of sex life. Depending on the time, the doctors fix their future courses of action.
The condition of sexual dysfunction may arise at any point in your life. It may occur impromptu or may be seen to grow in stages. There may be a partial or complete form of sexual dysfunction. In the latter form, the female becomes entirely incapable to carry out any sexual activity or participate in any sexual intercourse affair. This type of condition may either be caused due to physical inability or due to psychological problems or both.
- The physical factors: The prime physical factors responsible for sexual dysfunction are:
- Problems in the urinary tract or uncontrolled release of stool
- Neurological disorders, e.g. multiple sclerosis
- Loss of vaginal elasticity
- Lack of vaginal lubrication
- Pelvic surgery is done earlier
- Neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Taking medicines such as antidepressants, blood pressure medicine, an antihistamine for any allergy and chemotherapy drugs for cancer
- Disease such as diabetes, blood pressure
- Consuming excessive alcohol
- Thinning of the vaginal wall
- Vaginal infection
- This can also occur after menopause, childbirth, during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Psychological Factors: Female sexual dysfunction may be caused by emotional factors. Emotional factors that influence such dysfunction include:
- Stressful day
- Feeling of tiredness after day’s long work
- Untreated anxiety and depression may lead to stress and reduced sexual desire
- Scares about sexual haemorrage
- Concern about negative outcomes such as unwanted pregnancy or transmission of sexual diseases
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
The common symptoms for female dysfunction condition are suspected on any one of the following or conjugation of the said significance:
- Unwillingness to share in the activity of sex
- Having pain during or after the time of intercourse
- Less or no feeling of arousal
- Limited of no orgasm
- Pain during orgasm
While you meet, Gynaecologist in Mumbai will ask for a complete medical history. The detailing will include defining the dysfunction, identifying the cause, confounding medical conditions, and identifying psychological issues. The doctor will also have a physical examination of the patient that may comprise a comprehensive pelvic examination to check for the presence of any infection or existence of any physical problem that hinders you from enjoying sex. Complete check-up of vaginal thinning, vaginal elasticity, genital tissue, scar or pain in the genitals is also required to perform.
The diagnosis aspect might require carrying out of detailed physical examination and the type of sexual dysfunction you are experiencing. Although there is no specific laboratory test for diagnosing sexual dysfunction in women, a routine pap smear is normally held.
The other tests for diagnosing Female Sexual Dysfunction include checking the level of thyroid-stimulating hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, estradiol, and prolactin. The doctor attempts to find out the responsible factor behind such sexual dysfunction from the appropriate alternatives that include orgasm, arousal, pain or low desire.